Yep. We’re onto round 2 of our mini series featuring Sharpie Art! This time we have a fun 2-in-1 DIY that you can do on your own or with your littles, too!! A FACE POT!!
We’ve created an adorable Face Pot that can be used in so many ways! For your morning bowl of cereal [or ice cream! we won’t judge ;)] as well as you could turn your Face Pot into a cheeky planter! Materials ||
- Sharpie Markers [we used the black + red colours]
- Ceramic Bowl/Mug (try to find a ceramic bowl/cup as cheap as possible. The thicker the glaze (usually more expensive) the harder it is for the sharper to “bake”
1] Start with a clean bowl that has been washed + dried well.
2] Using your sharper marker, draw your design on the mug/bowl. Let that design dry, then trace over the design again. This helps to make sure your marker colour stays as strong as possible.3] After tracing over your design twice, allow the finished design to COMPLETELY Dry before placing in the oven.
4] Place mug/bowl on a baking sheet and place in oven. Now turn on your oven to 425F , allowing the mug/bowl to warm up with the oven.5] Bake for 30 mins. Once baking is complete, allow the mug to cool down with the oven, too!
6] And you’re done! Voila! Morning cereal [or adorable face pot planter] complete!
[but to be honest, the ideas don’t end there! we’ve used ours as a pen + pencil holder, a hanging planter, a makeup brush holder…..]
**Reminder for Important Tips! We know that sharpie art is simple, but there are a few tips that keep your creation in top form!
- Use a cheap mug or bowl (you want a thin glaze!)
- Make sure you trace over your sharpie design twice! Make it as dark as possible to avoid fading
- Allow your mug/bowl to heat up with the oven + cool down in the oven
- Bake hot
- Wash on top rack or hand wash
Photos || Leslie Brown Photography
Home || Rohit Communities
You can find our other sharper art diy creations here: Big Sis Lil Sis Hats.